Type 2 Diabetes This project is an in-depth investigation of a health condition. It will allow for the expansion of knowledge and the ability to generalize
Type 2 Diabetes This project is an in-depth investigation of a health condition. It will allow for the expansion of knowledge and the ability to generalize larger concepts to a variety of health conditions
APA 7th edition Write a 2-3-page paper on TYPE 2 Diabetes (excluding title and reference pages).
Include the following sections about the selected disease process (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric).
a. Introduction of disease – 10 points/10%
· One paragraph (approximately 200 words)
· Includes disease description
· Includes epidemiology of disease
b. Etiology and risk factors – 20 points/20%
· Common causes of the disease or condition
· Risk factors for the disease or condition
· Impact of age
· Prevalence based on gender,
· Influence of environment
· Genetic basis of disease
· Lifestyle influences
· All information supported by current literature
c. Pathophysiological processes – 20 points/20%
· Describes changes occurring at the cellular, tissue, and/or organ level that contribute to the disease process.
· Describes adaptation of the cells and body in response to the disease.
· Relates disease processes to manifested signs and symptoms.
d. Clinical manifestations and complications – 20 points/20%
· Describes the physical signs and symptoms that are important in considering the presence of the disease.
· Identifies signs that contribute to diagnosis of the condition
· Identifies symptoms that contribute to diagnosis of the condition.
· Identifies complications of the disease.
· Discusses the implications to the patient when complications are left untreated.
e. Diagnostics – 10 points/10%
· Includes list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests used to determine the presence of the disease.
· Discusses the significance of test findings in relation to the disease process
f. APA Style and Organization – 10 points/10%
· References are submitted with assignment.
· Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
· Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
· Paper is 2-3 pages, excluding title and reference pages.
· At least two (2) scholarly, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided
· Must be APA 7th Edition Formatting
Textbook : https://1lib.us/book/11716541/c4e07d
Goulds Pathophysiology for the Health Professions by Robert J. Hubert, Karin C.